FUTURE DEAD ARTISTS (FDA) is having an open call for emerging, mid-career, and established visual artists, painters, sculptors, photographers and videographers in the Atlanta area to participate in their group exhibition, ABSTRACT MINDSTATE
It's time to go abstract. I would like to feature full time abstract artist and I'm interested to see artists that traditional paint with a narratives approach to abstract work. Now, I actually love abstract art, I love to view it and produce it, but I'm that interested in an artist that doesn't take abstract art serious. I would like to see the artists push themselves. Produce something beautiful, something clever, something...strange.
Sometimes I think we're playing it a little safe. It's time to get weird.
Looking for painters, abstract photography, sculptor and video. Looking for only 9-12 artists.
Sounds like a dope show you'd like to be a part of? Then please submit your work by September 15, 2018, to be considered. Read below for more information on how you can apply.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Saturday, September 15, 2018, by 11:59 pm
NOTIFICATIONS SENT: Wednesday, September 20, 2018
ARTWORK DROPOFF: October 10-17, 2018 from 3-8 pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 7-11pm
CLOSING RECEPTION: Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 7-11pm
ARTWORK BREAKDOWN: November 6-10, 2018 from 3-8pm
1690 Thorne Ave SW, Atlanta
All works will be selected by FDA founder EuGene V Byrd III
- All works must be original and created by the artist within the last year
- Artists/Photographers may submit up to 5 images that reflect a cohesive style
- Artists/Photographers must be at least 18 years of age.
- All works must be for sale
- If not a traditional abstract artists, please describe the piece you plan to produce for the show.
- All submissions must be made online to email@example.com
- Include "ABSTRACT MINDSTATE Submission" in the Subject Box
- Attach up to 5 images directly to the email
- Include name and contact information
- Include artist bio/statement
- Include social media and/or website information
- Acceptance emails will be sent out Saturday, September 15th
- All work must arrive professionally framed, WIRED, and ready to hang.
- Artists are responsible for delivery, and breakdown of artwork.
- Artists will keep 50% of sales.
- All accepted artists are required to pay a $20 hang donation. (Sorry hate to do this, but it takes money to throw shows) Every artist will receive a Limited Edition ABSTRACT MINDSTATE tee shirt for donation.
Direct all questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing your submission to ABSTRACT MINDSTATE!