FUTURE DEAD ARTISTS (FDA) is having an open call for emerging, mid-career, and established photographers and videographers in the Atlanta area to participate in their group exhibition, CAPTURE
No theme. Interested in each photographers unique eye and the moment the image was captured. Put fourth what you think represents you best.
Images 16"x20" or larger (unless discussed). Art must be framed and presented well. No poster frames. Sam Flax, Michaels and Ikea sale inexpensive frames will work. All prints must be high quality. Omega Ruth Imagery can provide High quality prints up to 60" wide of good paper if needed. Worked priced to sale around $200 is idea. Max sale price for this show is $500 (unless discussed).
This show is all about photography. Looking forward to seeing some amazing work.
Sounds like a dope show you'd like to be a part of? Then please submit your work by January 12, 2019, to be considered. Read below for more information on how you can apply.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Saturday, January 12, 2019, by 11:59 pm
NOTIFICATIONS SENT: Saturday, January 19, 2019
ARTWORK DROPOFF: February 09-13, 2019 from 3-8 pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, February 16, 2019 from 7-11pm
CLOSING RECEPTION: Saturday, March 09, 2019 from 7-11pm
ARTWORK BREAKDOWN: March 09-16, 2019 from 3-8pm
1690 Thorne Ave SW, Atlanta
All works will be selected by jury. Curated by Omega Ruth Jr, Cleigaie Narcisse and EuGene V Byrd III
- All works must be original and created by the artist within the last year
- Photographers may submit up to 5 images that reflect a cohesive style
- Photographers must be at least 18 years of age.
- All works must be for sale
- If creating new work please describe the piece you plan to produce for the show.
- All submissions must be made online to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include "CAPTURE Submission" in the Subject Box
- Attach up to 5 images directly to the email
- Include name and contact information
- Include artist bio/statement
- Include social media and/or website information
- Acceptance emails will be sent out Saturday, January 19th
- All work must arrive professionally framed, WIRED, and ready to hang.
- Artists are responsible for delivery, and breakdown of artwork.
- Artists will keep 60% of sales.
- All accepted artists are required to pay a $20 hang donation. (Sorry hate to do this, but it takes money to throw shows) Every artist will receive a Limited Edition CAPTURE tee shirt for donation. Show tees are cool :)
Direct all questions and concerns to email@example.com
We look forward to seeing your submission to CAPTURE!