DEAD RINGER Vol. 2
Bridging the gap between inspiration and recognition
FUTURE DEAD ARTISTS (FDA) is having an open call for emerging, mid-career, and established visual artists, painters, sculptors, photographers and videographers in the Atlanta area to participate in their group exhibition, DEAD RINGER Vol. 2.
What is a dead ringer exactly? Well, since you asked, a dead ringer is a person or thing that seems exactly like someone or something else.
For what seems like forever painters have used photography as a source of inspiration. I've been known for taking a screenshot of an image that captures my eye. But more times than not the source material is rarely acknowledged as being a work of art in its own right. This exhibition aims to change that by bridging the gap between inspiration and recognition. All visual artists will collaborate with a photographer, videographer of their choosing by creating works inspired by new images collaborated between the painter/sculptor and paired photographer/videographer. During the show the painting /sculpture and the photography/videography will be hung side by side.
Sounds like a dope show you'd like to be a part of? Then please submit your work by June 9, 2018, to be considered. Read below for more information on how you can apply.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Saturday, June 09, 2018, by 11:59 pm
NOTIFICATIONS SENT: Wednesday, June 13, 2018
ARTWORK DROPOFF: Sunday July 8-11, 2018 from 3-9 pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, July 14, 2018 from 7-11pm
CLOSING RECEPTION: Saturday, July 30, 2018 from 7-11pm
ARTWORK BREAKDOWN: Sunday, July 31-Aug 2, 2018 from 3-9pm
1692 Thorne Ave SW, Atlanta
All works will be selected by FDA founder EuGene V Byrd III
- All works must be original and created by the artist within the last year
- Artists/Photographers may submit up to 5 images that reflect a cohesive style
- Artists/Photographers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Each artist will be paired with a photographer of their choosing (and vice versa)
- All works must be for sale
- All submissions must be made online to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include "DEAD RINGER Submission" in the Subject Box
- Attach up to 5 images directly to the email
- Include name and contact information
- Include artist bio/statement
- Include social media and/or website information
- Include name and social media of suggested artist or photographer/videographer you propose to be paired with.
- You may submit without a pairing, FDA will pair you.
- Acceptance emails will be sent out Saturday, June 13th
- All work must arrive professionally framed, WIRED, and ready to hang.
- Artists/photographers are responsible for delivery, and breakdown of artwork.
- Artists/Photographers will keep 50% of sales.
- All accepted artists are required to pay a $20 hang donation. (Sorry hate to do this, but it takes money to throw shows) Every artist will receive a Limited Edition Destroy & Rebuild tee shirt for donation.
Direct all questions and concerns to email@example.com
We look forward to seeing your submission to DEAD RINGER Vol. 2!