DEAD RINGER Vol. 3
Bridging the gap between inspiration and recognition
FUTURE DEAD ARTISTS (FDA) is having an open call for emerging, mid-career, and established visual artists, painters, sculptors, photographers and videographers in the Atlanta area to participate in their group exhibition, DEAD RINGER Vol. 3.
What is a dead ringer exactly? Well, since you asked, a dead ringer is a person or thing that seems exactly like someone or something else.
For what seems like forever painters have used photography as a source of inspiration. I've been known for taking a screenshot of an image that captures my eye. But more times than not the source material is rarely acknowledged as being a work of art in its own right. This exhibition aims to change that by bridging the gap between inspiration and recognition. All visual artists will collaborate with a photographer, videographer of their choosing by creating works inspired by new images collaborated between the painter/sculptor and paired photographer/videographer. During the show the painting /sculpture and the photography/videography will be hung side by side.
Sounds like a dope show you'd like to be a part of? Then please submit your work by May 4, 2019, to be considered. Read below for more information on how you can apply.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Saturday, May 09, 2019, by 11:59 pm
SHOW DATE: Saturday, JULY 13, 2019, 7-11PM
More Details Soon.
1692 Thorne Ave SW, Atlanta
All works will be selected by jury.
- DEAD RINGER HAS NO THEME. It's about collaboration between Photography and Painter. You may submit past work for consideration, BUT NEW WORK MUST BE PRODUCED FOR THE SHOW. Again, it's about collaboration. You'll have to work together to create new work.
- All works submitted for consideration must be original and created by the artist within the last year
- Artists/Photographers may submit up to 5 images that reflect a cohesive style
- Artists/Photographers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Each artist will be paired with a photographer of their choosing and vice versa. Or we will pair you.
- All works must be for sale and available during the duration of the show.
- All submissions must be made online to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include "DEAD RINGER Submission" in the Subject Box
- Attach up to 5 images directly to the email
- Include name and contact information
- Include artist bio/statement
- Include social media and/or website information
- Include name and social media of suggested artist or photographer/videographer you propose to be paired with.
- You may submit without a pairing, FDA will pair you.
- All work must arrive professionally framed, WIRED, and ready to hang.
- Artists/photographers are responsible for delivery, and breakdown of artwork.
- Artists/Photographers will keep 50% of sales.
- All accepted artists are required to pay a $20 hang donation. (Sorry hate to do this, but it takes money to throw shows) Every artist will receive a Limited Edition DEAD RINGER tee shirt for donation. Show tees are cool :)
Direct all questions and concerns to email@example.com
We look forward to seeing your submission to DEAD RINGER Vol. 3!