Destroy & Rebuild SUBMISSION
DESTROY & REBUILD Group Art Exhibition. Sometimes the idea is good, but the timing is off. Sometimes you have to Destroy Everything and Rebuild, with a new perspective... a fresh start.
FUTURE DEAD ARTISTS (FDA) is having an open call for emerging, mid-career, and established visual artists in the Atlanta area to participate in their group art exhibition at FUTURE GALLERY, Destroy & Rebuild.
THEME OF THE SHOW: Every artist I know, including myself, has a stack of old paintings. Some paintings never sold, some unfinished, and some that we thought was dope, but looking back we don't know what hell we where thinking?!
Destroy & Rebuild is a show where the artist takes old, unsold, unfinished paintings and rework them. The artist can remix the painting, finish a unfinished painting, the artist can use the old painting as a under-layer, or the artist can totally cover the old painting up. It is up to each artist how they approach the mission. The Social Marketing of the show, will be to show each artist's old/current work on social media, but the viewer will have to attend the art opening in person to see how each artist destroyed & rebuilt their painting.
Sounds like a dope show you'd like to be a part of? Then please submit your work by February 18, 2018, to be considered. Read below for more information on how you can apply.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Sunday, March 05, 2018, by 11:59 pm
NOTIFICATIONS SENT: Friday, February 23, 2018
ARTWORK DROP OFF: Thursday March 29, 2018 from 5-8 pm
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday, March 31, 2018 from 7-11pm
ARTWORK PICKUP: Sunday, April 08, 2018 from 3-6pm
1690 Hardee Ave SW Atlanta, GA 30310
All works will be selected by Future Dead Artists.
Sponsored by ARTlanta, and Fort Mac.
- Artists may submit up to 5 images that reflect a cohesive style
- List file name of the painting submitted to be DESTORYED
- Artists must be at least 18 years of age.
- All works must be framed and hand ready
- All works must be for sale
- All submissions must be made online to email@example.com
- Include "Destroy & Rebuild Submission" in the Subject Box
- Attach up to 5 images directly to the email
- Please include dimensions of piece purposed for the show.
- Include name and contact information
- Include artist bio/statement
- Include social media and/or website information
- Acceptance emails will be sent out Friday, March 9th.
- All accepted artists are required to pay a $20 hang donation. (Sorry hate to do this, but it takes money to throw shows) Every artist will receive a Limited Edition Destroy & Rebuild tee shirt for donation.
- All work must arrive professionally framed, wired, and ready to hang
- Artists are responsible for delivery, hanging, and breakdown of artwork. Art will only be stored for one week after show.
- Artists/Photographers will keep 70% of sales
- Artist must have art available for sale during the duration of the show.
Direct all questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org or text EuGene Byrd 404.578.6341
We look forward to seeing your submission to Destroy & Rebuild!